The cosmetic procedure used to rejuvenate the upper and lower eyelids is called a blepharoplasty. Also known as eyelid surgery, this treatment can improve the look of both the upper and lower eyelids by removing and/or redistributing fat pockets from the upper and lower eyelids, giving a person a more youthful, rested appearance.
Eyelid Surgery Procedures
Blepharoplasty surgery is used to treat the following signs of aging:
- The sagging or drooping skin that is responsible for folds and lines around the eyes, which disrupts the natural shape of the upper eyelid, and can even impair vision.
- Excessive fat deposits that make the eye appear puffy.
- Sagging skin under the eyes, often referred to as “bags under the eyes.”
- Loose hanging lower eyelids that expose the white of the eye.
- Extra skin and the fine lines associated with age.
Eyelid surgery is one of the most popular and commonly requested facial procedures for both men and women due to the age defying results; is often performed in conjunction with other facial rejuvenation procedures, such as brow or forehead lifts and face lift procedures.